OpenCV with Processing


A recent art project requires to do some image processing. This topic is a bit away of what I use to do so I asked around what was available now. Some people suggested me to use OpenCV, which is an open library for Computer Vision projects.

I realized that Processing also had some basic features for real-time image capture. Even better, I learned that there was a version of OpenCV available for Processing.

The reason of using OpenCV from Processing instead of directly programming in C++ is the easy setup you have with processing. If you have a PC or Mac the use of the system webcam is very easy. For Linux systems it is slightly more complicated.

OpenCV makes very easy to do thinks like detecting faces on the image, which is quite funny. There is this book about OpenCV too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation