Unexpected treat



Now that the classes are over and I'm thinking about a summer trip I've got myself a new camera. Two years ago I was impressed with Panasonic DMC-LX3 camera but I did not buy it as I've just bought a DSLR by then.

Last night I was checking prices on eBay and I saw a good deal for a Canon S90. I checked its features and it turned to be Canon's answer to Panasonic's LX3. It also has a nice F2.0 lens with more zoom than LX3 (28-105mm), a 10 Mpixel sensor and a nice 3" display. It has plenty of manual control and a myriad of shooting modes too. And it is compact, a bit more compact than LX3. I was not planning on buying it but apparently nobody else was interested on bidding and below $300 it was a steal.

My first experiences with the camera are good. Not really sure about the best way of holding it as it is quite small. The worst part is the wrist strap that does not seem to fit nicely.

She will explain all the basics better than me.


Comments

Rasmus Thielke said…
Hi Miguel,
are you still satisfied with this camera?
I am thinking of buying a new one. At first I thought of buying an Ixus 105. It is really small and not very expensive.
But maybe I could put the S90 also into consideration...
misan said…
My camera is now in Germany being repaired :-(

I still think it is a good camera but mine had a problem with the anti-shake servo.

Just today I read this article

It depends a lot on what you want to do with it. If you want an all purpose camera, you may want to chose one of the best in this study

Then cost is also a big factor. And do not forget the zoom range you need. 28mm is sweet for a compact, only a few can do this and it makes a difference on some shots. RAW support is cool too.

I do think S90 is one of the best compacts in the market. Panasonic LX3 fans will complain, but there are many features more on the S90. I recommend it you if you can get it for 330€ or less.
misan said…
As an image is worth thousand words judge for yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation